09 April 2014

about me


Hello! My name is Isabelle Maree, and this is my blog, Bubbybelle! I am an eighteen-year-old university student living in San Diego with a passion for positivity, crafts, self-invention, and media. My inspiration (or, possibly more aptly, lifespiration) comes from reading other blogs and the media I consume - which typically consists of colourful television shows, Broadway musicals, children's literature, and an eclectic mixture of music.

Some of my favourite things are as follows:
  • books: If Nobody Speaks of Remarkable Things (Jon McGregor, 2002); A Tree Grows In Brooklyn (Betty Smith, 1943); Madeline (Ludwig Bemelmans, 1939), Princess Academy (Shannon Hale, 2005), the Harry Potter series
  • films: Clueless, The Incredibles, Disney's Hercules, Josie and the Pussycats, Eloise at the Plaza, The Parent Trap (1995), The Breakfast Club
  • tv shows: Bob's Burgers, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Arthur, Pushing Daisies, Gravity Falls, Parks and Recreation, Steven Universe
  • musicians: Little Mix, The Cure, Tegan & Sara, Ed Sheeran, Stooshe, The Smiths, Kate Nash, Arctic Monkeys, Janelle Monae, Outkast, One Direction, Pentatonix, Depeche Mode
  • musicals: In the Heights, Assassins, American Idiot, Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson, Bring It On: The Musical, The Little Mermaid
  • other: succulents, the sun, mermaids, teacher-y things, stingrays, lipstick, cyclopes, ladybugs, avocado
I aspire one day to become an elementary school teacher, and make a difference in the world. In the meantime, however, I want to dress cute, be kind, and craft on!