14 April 2014

kid lit closet #1

For the longest time I've held near and dear to my heart my favourite children's books. The reason for this? I've always been kind of an "indoors" kid, and reading for fun has been my number one passion since I was little! Since I've been in high school and college I've had less and less time to read books on my own, much less ones that are light and fun, and it's nice to look back on the characters I grew up with and the lessons they taught me along the way.

So, long story short, I thought that for my first weekly post series, I'm going to be posting fashion and lifestyle inspiration from my favourite books as a kid (and now) - and my favourite children's literature that I've seen nowadays! (-:


Week One: Ms Frizzle, from The Magic School Bus series!

If you know me at all, you know that my ultimate dream is to be a teacher. And what teacher out there is cooler than Ms Frizzle? Arguably, NONE! She's passionate about learning, teaching, and discovering what's out there! Plus, her style is incomparable, to boot.


2. planets knee high socks | sockdreams
3. dino parade sweatshirt | forever 21
4. pascal plush purse | disney store
5. planet earth earrings | some magic
6. orbit terrarium | nasty gal
7. pencil me in flats | modcloth

I've been drooling over those Jeffrey Campbell pencil flats for what feels like eons! Oh, if only they would go on sale... And the Pascal purse from the Disney store - I couldn't resist! (I know Liz is an iguana and Pascal is a chameleon, but bear with me. You try finding a purse that's 100% iguana-themed!)

What do you think of my first real 'content' post? Leave your favourite books in the comments - I'd love to know if we share any favourites!